Here you will find some questions on Australia Immigration, we received from you and their answers from our Expert Australia Immigration Consultants. If you have any queries that isn’t answered here, you can ask them on phone: +91 7045 688 237 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
This stream is for Points-tested skilled workers who are not sponsored by an employer or family member or nominated by a state or territory government. It allows applicants to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident.
- Visa holders are eligible for state medical care immediately, but must be resident in Australia for two years before qualifying for social welfare assistance (i.e. unemployment benefits).
- Visa holders are not permitted to vote as a permanent resident in Australia.
- After four years, visa holders can apply for citizenship (Australian Passport).
|A citizen has an automatic right to enter in to Australia
A citizen can vote in Australian Government elections.
|If a permanent resident travel out of Australia, they need to ensure both the permanent visa with a valid travel authority if they wish to return to Australia as a permanent resident.
In most cases permanent residents cannot vote, however if a permanent resident was enrolled to vote (as a British Subject) prior to 1984, they may remain eligible to vote.
The following five visas can be applied for following submission of a successful Expression of Interest (EOI) through Skill Select:
- Business Talent (Permanent) visa (subclass 132)
- Business Innovation and Investment (Provisional) visa (subclass 188)
- Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- Skilled – Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- Skilled – Nominated or Sponsored (Provisional) visa (subclass 489)
The following three visas can be applied for following an invitation by a SkillSelect-approved Australian employer:
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
On 18 April 2017, the Government announced that the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457 visa) will be abolished and replaced with the completely new Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa in March 2018.
- Employer Nomination Scheme visa (subclass 186)
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187).
Each visa sub class has a minimum entry point determined by the Government of Australia, presently the following points are required:
For visa subclasses 189, 190 and 489 – 60 points;
For visa subclasses 885, 886 and 487 – 65 points;
For visa subclass 188 (business innovation & investment visa) – 65 points
The Rights and Benefits given to Australia permanent resident are as follows.
- Opportunity to experience a balanced lifestyle in Australia.
- Eligible to apply for citizenship
- Australia PR visa holder enjoy many rights and privileges just like an Australian citizen.
- Attractive remunerations for your work.
- Benefit from a strong economy
- You can sponsor your relatives to Australia, subject to fulfilling residence criteria and assurance of supports requirement.
- any children born inside Australia will be considered as Australian citizen by birth.
- Opportunity to travel, live and work in New Zealand, subject to meeting the requirements.
- have experience in relevant occupation category
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- meet the points test pass mark of at least 60 points
- be invited by DIBP Department of Immigration and Border Protection ) to apply.
Should you required more specific information relevant to your case, you can contact our Immigration experts on +91 7045688237 or email email@example.com
If you apply for a visa to work in Australia, you might have to pass the points test. The points test is used to help Australia select people who have the skills and attributes it needs. The number of points you need to pass the points test depends on the visa you apply for.
You can score points on several criteria, including your:
- English language ability
- work experience
- Australian work experience and Australian qualifications.
Every application is different and processing times largely depend on the type of visa being applied for.
No, the kids must pursue their studies within the state’s territorial limits. It is mandatory for the family to reside continuously for 2 years in the selected state/region for which the particular permit was offered.
You can find a sponsor to endorse your application or lodge your profile on Skill Select.
You can also apply for Skilled – Regional (Provisional) visa (subclass 489) if you are eligible.
The invitation’s validity period is 60 days. The petition/Visa Application must be submitted to the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) within the specified duration.
In case the profile is not picked-up inside two years of the EOI’s submission, the petition for EOI will lapse even as the same will be removed from the data bank.
An aspirant can submit an EOI submission, and also apply for state sponsorship, and after approval is given for the latter, the EOI will be duly updated.
Yes, it is possible to update your EOI with any details through the two-year time.
Yes! However, in the backdrop of the fact that the EOI will be held in the bank for two years, the same may not pose any issues to most of the candidates. also note the IELTS report has a validity of two years.
As the system is dynamic it is not possible for a candidate to find out his ranking in the EOI pool.
If you’re a Permanent Resident of Australia, you can live and work in New Zealand without a visa or work permit, subject to meeting the eligibility requirements.
Once the PR is granted to the primary applicant and the accompanying dependent family members, the main applicant can return to India.
PCC (Police clearance certificate) is asked by immigration authority to determine whether you are of good character. Generally a PCC has 6-month validity, once its validity is over it is not accepted.
Yes, Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) is required for all the applicants including the dependents from the country where one lived for more than six months since the age of 18 years
If you are under 50 years of age and have formal tertiary education you can apply for the process of migration. Yet, a lot depends on personal situations
and the type of visa you have applied for. You can speak to our experienced consultants to ascertain your eligibility to apply for Australia PR – you can call us on +91 7045 688 237 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every application has a different process and it depends mainly on the type of visa that you have applied for. In most cases, it takes 9-12 months for most of the PR visa applicants in Australia to receive a decision on their visa application. Temporary work visas and spousal cases take a little quicker time at 3 to 6 months.
The Australian Department of Immigration and Border Protection assesses and decides all visa applications. The VFS Application Centre staff are not employees of the Australian Government and do not have the authority to assess or decide applications.
The fees for Australia PR vary by sub classes. You can view the latest charges on the Australia Government website.
The Australian Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190) and Skilled Regional visa (subclass 489). This Australian state sponsored visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory. A visa holder can live and work permanently in Australia.
The Department of Employment carries out research to identify skill shortages in the Australian labor market. The department publishes the results of its research as state, territory and national overview reports and lists; occupational cluster reports (grouping similar occupations); and individual occupational reports.