With a high standard of living and balanced lifestyle backed by a strong economy and scenic landscaping, Australia is the choice of migration compared to other countries. People migrate to Australia to have a better life. Before doing that, you need to apply for the Permanent Residency Australia (PR visa) in order to be granted a right to live, work and study without limitation in Australia.
Let us see what are the benefits one can claim after getting a Permanent Residency Australia
- By holding a Permanent Residency Australia, an Applicant will be allowed to live in Australia indefinitely where he can enjoy the facilities of unlimited travel to and from Australia once you become a Permanent resident. However, initially, the permanent visa is given for a period of five years and has to be applied again from either outside Australia or from within the country.
- On procuring a permanent residentship, you also enjoy unlimited freedom to pursue the course of study that you prefer. Permanent residents have various options to choose when it comes to University education where there are certain education loans that are available only to permanent residents. These loans are extremely helpful in managing your financial crisis that may arise due to the additional expenses associated with your study.
- The next important aspect of permanent residence is regarding work permit. Working in Australia becomes easier with a Permanent Resident Visa. Permanent residents can work for any employer in any occupation. However, working in the Govt. sector or Armed forces is strictly restricted to the Australian Citizens. This, however, does not distinguish the industrial laws between the permanent residents and citizens.
- As regards to social security, the permanent residents must hold on for a period of two years before they are allowed to receive social security benefits like sickness, unemployment and student benefits that are offered by Australia’s Social Security Department.
- An important benefit that the permanent residents will enjoy is the health care entitlement; you will enjoy the privilege of health insurance scheme run by the government called Medicare. Under Medicare, you could receive free treatment at a public hospital and subsidized medicine.
- Permanent residents can also sponsor their relatives for the acquisition of permanent residence. But this is possible only after the applicant meets certain residence and support assurance pre-requisites.
- Children of permanent residents who are born in Australia are deemed Australian citizens by birth. This will be one great advantage because they will enjoy the maximum benefits in the field of education and healthcare.
- Permanent residents have the right to take up some professions in Australia like that of a migration agent or any government position.
- The permanent resident of Australia is also granted the right to travel to New Zealand and apply for a New Zealand Visa. This is a provision that has been granted by the government of New Zealand.
- The permanent resident of Australia has the right to apply for Australian consular assistance overseas when things get a little rough abroad.
Contact The SmartMove4OZ for all your Australian PR queries. We are a firm dedicated to the free movement of individuals across the world. Our associates are experienced in all matters to do with Australian immigration and can provide all the guidance and assistance you require in order to get yourself a Permanent Residency in Australia.
You can also connect with us on